Are you interested in volunteering for the Home Run 5k?
If so, you’re in the right place AND we have many volunteer opportunities for you to choose from. See below for details and contact us right away to sign-up. Thank you in advance for your help!
A limited number of musicians/bands are needed to perform at the start/finish line of the race. Musicians need to provide their own equipment and would need to be set-up and playing from 10:00am-2:00pm on Saturday, June 3rd, 2017. Please contact us with a sample of your music if you are interested.
National Anthem Volunteer
Can you sing? Send us a sample of your rendition of the National Anthem for your chance to kick-off our first annual Home Run 5k. Must be available to perform on Saturday, June 3rd and arrive no later than 9:00am to the start area of the race at The Bar on Holmgren Way.
Committee Member Volunteers
Volunteers are needed to help plan the event. Committee members will help recruit sponsors, work to contact media & promote the event, help secure volunteers, attend meetings and so much more! Committee members must be willing to put in 2-5 hours of work per week leading up to the event and must be available on Friday, June 2nd and Saturday, June 3rd to help execute the event. Committee members must also be HYP members with Greater Green Bay Habitat for Humanity. Please contact us if you are interested.
Race Course Activity Volunteers
Volunteers are needed to help out in one of our four activity stations along the course. This is a great opportunity for church groups, clubs, family members and individuals. Our activity stations and their descriptions are listed below. Activity Station Volunteers would need to be available & energetic from 9:30am-11:30am on Saturday, June 3rd, 2017.
- Water balloon area (10-15 people needed): When you walk or run through this area of the race, you’ll have the opportunity to get wet… volunteers will be handing out water balloons to runners and walkers. They’ll have squirt guns too. But don’t worry, they’re been instructed to get you wet, only if you ask for it.
- Water Station/Photo Madness area (20+ people needed): This area is at the halfway point of the course. Volunteers will be responsible for setting up the water station, filling cups and handing out water to walkers and runners. In this same area we’ll have photo props. Some volunteers will be assigned to take photos as runners and walkers come through.
- Popsicle area (10-15 people needed): Shortly after the half-way point runners and walkers will reach their favorite part of the course – the popsicle area. Volunteers assigned to this area will hand out popsicles to runners and walkers as they pass through.
- Finish Line Tunnel (20+ people needed): Bring your cowbells, whistles and other noise-makers! Volunteers at this station need to be extra loud and energetic as you are cheering all of our runners and walkers past the finish line. Upbeat music will be provided.
Other Event Day Volunteers
We need other volunteers to help with miscellaneous event day tasks including:
- Set-up & clean-up (6-10 people needed): help set-up/pick-up the course and help with clean-up at the start/finish area, hand out water as participants cross the finish line.
- Traffic control (20 people needed): Individuals or pairs of people will be assigned to a corner of the race. As runners and walkers pass through, you will make sure traffic does not interfere.
- Registration/packet pick-up (6-8 people needed): Help check-in runners and walkers as they arrive on the morning of the race.
Meet the Committee
All members of the race planning committee are members of HYP (Habitat Young Professionals). If you are interested in learning more about HYP or how you can be involved in this committee, please contact Sarah Beckman, Fund Development Manager at Greater Green Bay Habitat for Humanity.
- Amanda Manders | Core Crafted Designs
- Amber Paluch | Greater Green Bay Community Foundation
- Dave Cornette | H.J. Martin and Son
- Justin Schoen | Johnson Bank
- Marti Teski | Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin
- Morgan Hansen | Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes
- Noah Cornette | Building Dreams Together LLC
- Trevor Fuller | Village of Allouez
- Sarah Beckman | Greater Green Bay Habitat for Humanity | 920-593-5784 | firstname.lastname@example.org